Monday, June 27, 2011

We hit the road... sorta

This weekend we took my 3 year old nephew to his first "Movie Theater Experience" to see Cars: 2 of course!


He did so well with his cars snack box (Cars cup with Lightning McQueen on top, kids size popcorn and fruity gummy's) in hand. Pointing at the screen and shouting out the names of all of the characters. He was in heaven (after the previews for the upcoming movies* that he didn't enjoy waiting through to see his friend Lightning)!  After the movie we talked about who saved the day (I won't ruin it for you!) and who the bad guys were. 
He drove his cup topper all over his car seat.

With his mommy and daddy after the movie.

We decided to mark this momentous day we would go to dinner and he would get to sit between Aunt Callie (me) and Uncle Dave (my husband). This was a lot of fun, because I am the aunt with a stash of fun stuff in my purse. We stayed entertained while waiting for our meal. Then he showed me how well he can share by giving me a bit of his mac and cheese (his favorite meal of all times) after I gave him a bit of my rice (his second favorite meal of all times) without me even asking!
I can't forget his interaction with the mozzarella cheese stick... that was fun to watch...



All in all it was a great time, and he really enjoyed himself, as did we! I doubt he can wait to have it come out on video... despite reviews it turned out to be really cute (still having that "only adults will get this" humor throughout)!

Go check it out with a little one in your life.... or even by yourself and a box of popcorn! Let me know what you think!

*One last thing... have you seen the previews for the throw backs coming out soon??




with Neil Patrick Harris and Jayma Mays (from Glee)


with Jason Segel and Amy Adams

Sooooo excited.... like a kid again!

1 comment:

Jess K said...

I CAN'T WAIT for the throw-backs! I'm cautiously optimistic about Winnie the Pooh (something about the voices just doesn't sound right to me), but I'm literally jumping up and down excited for the Smurfs (I have the original theme on my iPod) and Muppets.